Thursday, August 5, 2010

5 Hour Energy Grape Review



Cost: $2.99
Cost Per Ounce:$1.50
Active Ingredients:Caffeine, Taurine, B-Vitamins
Taste Rating:8.8
Kick Rating:9.5
Final Judgment Rating:9.4
Energy Drink Ratings Explained

5-Hour Energy - Grape Review:
Now I have reviewed all of the past 5-Hour Energy flavors, berry (original), orange, lemon lime as well as the extra strength and Decaf versions which is why I am extremely excited about the new 5-Hour Energy grape flavor.... oh and did I mention it is probably my favorite energy shot on the market. I take these tiny sugar free 2 ounce shots with me wherever I go...the gym, backpacking (watch out they freeze in the winter...yet still taste fine frozen), Euro Trips...etc To tell you the truth, I use them a lot and they are my go to shot of choice (that is when I am not reviewing another new Energy Drink for this site). But, I was a little disappointed when I didn't win the 5-Hour Energy Featured Fan Contest because it would have been nice to get a free one year supply of 5-Hour. Anyways, enough fluff, let's see how the new grape shot tastes and if it still has that great kick.

UpdateLooks like 5-Hour has two contests going on right now where you can win a free year's supply of 5-Hour Energy.
1) Maximize Your Energy Contest - offering two chances to win a year's supply of 5-Hour Energy.
2) Men's Fitness - Release Your Inner Superman - offering 3 chances to win a year's supply of 5-Hour Energy, including the featured fan contest which I am going to try for again!!!

5-Hour Energy - Grape Review: Taste
Although, 5-Hour has been innovative in the past and still continues to be the market leader in shots, it has been awhile since they came out with a new flavor. In the meantime several other energy shot brands have came out with grape flavored shots, giving me a good benchmark for the grape 5-Hour. Most of these shots in the past, had a grape kool aid flavor that tasted a little watered down topped off with a distinct medicinal aftertaste. Now taste is subjective, but to me, the 5-Hour Energy grape shot had a superb taste. The grape did not taste watered down and the medicinal aftertaste was far less prevalent. Don't get me wrong, there was a slight aftertaste, but that is usually expected when you cram a bunch of energy into a tiny two ounce shot. Taste Rating - 8.8

5-Hour Energy - Grape Review: Kick
Since I normally use energy shots during some sort of physical activity, I thought I would put 5-Hour to the test on the treadmill. Recently, I decided to train for a marathon. Now I am very active, but by no means am I a long distance runner and I usually cap my treadmill runs at about 5 miles, well short of the 26.2 required to finish a marathon. I know I have a long way to go, which is why I thought I would push myself today with the new grape 5-Hour. Since the Energy Ingredients are the same as the past flavors, I knew what to expect. A great kick that really helped boost my workout. Not only did it provide extra energy to help me run an extra two miles, but it also gave me the focus to do so because running on the treadmill is not my idea of fun, but it is more convenient than driving out to the nearest trail. Kick Rating 9.5

5-Hour Energy - Grape Review: Final Judgment
To sum up... glad they came out with a new flavor. Grape provide a great taste when compared to similar offerings by competitors along with the expected great kick. You can usually find these for $2.99, but you can get them at places like Wal-Mart for 2 for $5.00. Also, It looks like 5-Hour has a store where you can buy them in bulk for a little cheaper... and it is more convenient. I can't wait until the next flavor comes out! Final Judgment - 9.4

No comments:

Post a Comment