Thursday, August 5, 2010

Amp Energy Juice (Orange) Review



Cost: $2.00
Cost Per Ounce:$0.17
Active Ingredients:Caffeine
Taste Rating:9.0
Kick Rating:8.5
Final Judgment Rating:8.8
Energy Drink Ratings Explained

AMP Energy Juice Review:
So it has been awhile since I have reviewed anything from the AMP Energy Drink lineup, maybe because they haven't released a new drink or been in the headlines for awhile. Well, outside of the Facebook app they got attention for anyways. Regardless, I received a care package from them recently that had two new 100% juice drinks. My first impression was that, WOW, AMP seems to be a little behind the game here when it comes to energy juices as they have been out for some time. Maybe because they were focusing on their morning java line? Who knows, maybe they had their reasons for waiting until now to release two new 12 ounce resealable Energy Juices. Let's see how they perform in the taste and kick tests.

AMP Energy Juice Review: Taste
So first off these 100% Energy Juice drinks come in two flavors orange and mixed berry. I know what some of you may be thinking... wow such original flavors (end sarcasm). However, I definitely agree with AMP's flavor selection as it seems they are going after the breakfast drink market... Especially with taglines like "AMP Energy Juice is the spark that ignites and kick-starts the day. Consider this your wake up call!" Anyways, as I said before there are two flavors. I will do both taste reviews here.

AMP - Orange: So this one is probably about the easiest drink I have ever had to describe the taste for... Have you ever had a glass of Orange Juice (no pulp)? Well if you have and you like it, then you should have no problem enjoying the new AMP Orange 100% energy juice. I mean, it tastes EXACTLY like orange juice. No, medicinal aftertaste WHATSOEVER. I loved it!

AMP - Mixed Berry: Now, this one may be a little harder to describe then the previous, but nonetheless I was more than happy with the initial taste. To me it seemed like a generic juice flavor that you would get at a Denny's or something. You know, that pitcher that has the mystery juice in it... I am no way implying that it's a bad thing, that is just what I am associating the taste with. Regardless it was again a good taste. I preferred the Orange, but to each their own.

Taste Rating - 9.0

AMP Energy Juice Review: Kick
So both flavors were superb, but will AMP Energy Juice actually get you going in the morning? Well the main energy ingredient seems to be caffeine, but there is no exact amount listed on the bottle and I could not find any information listed on their site either. However, if the new AMP juice's hold true to the other flavors then my guess is that there is roughly 80 milligrams of caffeine per 8 ounce serving or about 120 milligrams of caffeine per12 ounce bottle. This packs more bang than a Red Bull, but it is not one of the strongest drinks available on the market. Either way, I received an AMPle kick... Any more and I probably would have been to jittery and agitated for the morning commute. Kick Rating - 8.5

AMP Energy Juice Review: Final Judgment
So now I know I have an idea of why it took AMP so long to release a juice... They took their time to do it right! The taste was by far the best I have ever had for any kind of juice energy drink. So thank you AMP for waiting and releasing a great tasting alternative to a morning coffee. Final Judgment - 8.8

No comments:

Post a Comment