Thursday, August 5, 2010

Amp Energy Original Review



Cost: $1.49 for 8.4 ounces
Cost Per Ounce: $0.18
Active Ingredients: taurine, ginseng, B-vitamins, guarana
Taste Rating: 8.5
Kick Rating: 8
Final Judgment Rating:8.5

Amp Energy Drink Review
Before I go out for thirsty Thursday I need to get some energy, after all it was a rough day sleeping in til 10:00 and getting up to go to class at 10:10, then taking a nap. Any way after that rough day I decided to go to the 7-11 and get an Amp energy drink. The Amp energy drink is made by the people that make Mountain Dew (Pepsi). The drink comes in a normal 8.4 ounce can. Well enough B.S and onto the Amp Energy Drink review of taste and kick.

**Update: This now comes in two more sizes. The 16 ounce tallboy and the mountain dew big rig energy drink which is a whopping 24 ounces. The big rig is one enormous beverage, if you can finish it in one sitting you got some bawls!

Amp Energy Drink Review: Taste
The 120 calorie, 8.4. ounce amp energy drink tastes eerily similar to Mountain Dew with a hint of green tea. Now I love Mountain Dew but the hint of green tea tastes odd at first. However, overall I would have to say that Amp energy drink tastes pretty good for an energy beverage. The green tea taste is not over powering but
it would taste a lot better without it. So I will give the Amp drink review for taste an 8.5 out of 10.

Amp Energy Drink Review: Kick
I was quite pleased with the effects that I experienced after chugging the average sized 8.2 ounce Amp energy. It has been three hours since I finished the drink and I have plenty of energy to go out and make it til bar close. I won’t be able to tell you exactly how long this drink lasts as things might get hazy before I realize
that I have ran out of juice. So I will give the Amp energy review for kick a solid 8. I might come back and change the score if I go home early tonight, but I would not count on it.

Amp Energy Drink Review: Final Judgment
Tastes like Mountain Dew with a hint of green tea. The green tea does not leave a horrible aftertaste but it is noticeable. I am not going to be able to give the best review for kick as I will be going out for a couple (and by couple I mean 10-12) drinks. The initial kick I got from Amp was quite good and it has lasted for
about three hours but that is the extent of me filling you in on the kick it gives you. So for the final judgment I will give it a respectable 8.5, especially since it is about $0.50 cheaper than the average drink.

Feel free to chime in with how long you feel the kick from Amp lasts if you have tried it before.

No comments:

Post a Comment