Thursday, August 5, 2010

Amp Energy Elevate Review



Cost: $2.00
Cost Per Ounce:$0.13
Active Ingredients:Caffeine, Guarana, Ginseng, Taurine, L-Theanine
Taste Rating:8.9
Kick Rating:9.2
Final Judgment Rating:9.1
Energy Drink Ratings Explained

AMP Elevate Energy Drink Review:
Well this will be my sixth Amp Energy Drink Review that I have done sp far. The 16 ounce AMP Elevate is also the final new (for now at least) AMP Energy Drink to hit the market. The other ones are ReLaunch and Traction and they are all supposed to have an added function besides just providing energy. Elevate is supposed to provide enhanced focus. You can find them virtually everywhere, thanks to the growing population of the brand, which in large part might have something to do with the new sponsorship they have going with Dale Earnhardt Jr. and NASCAR, I mean that's a pretty freakin big fan base they tapped into.... Anyways, I am sure you are at least somewhat familiar with the Amp Lineup from Pepsi, so let's get straight to the taste and kick review of the new Amp Elevate.

AMP Elevate Energy Drink Review: Taste
Upon opening the 16 ounce blue can I get a hint of berry smell, which is a good thing since on the can it states it is mixed berry, and proceed to drink up. There was an array of mixed berry flavoring going on, but blueberry, at least in my opinion, seemed to stand out the most. I could also taste a hint of raspberry as well. The mix was actually very well done and was not too sweet. I think because AMP has a bit less sugar than the normal Energy Drink, although not by much. Taste Rating - 8.9

AMP Elevate Energy Drink Review: Kick
So the new flavor was pretty good tasting, but will it provide a decent kick and enhanced focus? Well the energy ingredients (for the entire 16 ounce can) include 160 milligrams of caffeine, 248 milligrams of guarana extract (natural caffeine), 296 milligrams of taurine, 34 milligrams of Panax Ginseg Extract and 24 milligrams of L-Theanine which was added to help focus. So yeah, the combination of those ingredients, especially the caffeine and guarana gave me a pretty large kick in the pants. Actually more than I was expecting from an AMP. How about the focus aspect? Well, it was kind of hard to judge while bouncing off the walls :). Kick Rating - 9.2

AMP Elevate Energy Drink Review: Final Judgment
All in all, a nice addition to the lineup. The flavor and kick were both above average, the price is not too bad and you can find them pretty much everywhere. I see the AMP lineup gaining some ground on the Monster Energy Drink in the not to far off future. But hey, what do I know, I'm just a fanatic... Not like I tried a couple hundred different flavors! Final Judgment - 9.1

No comments:

Post a Comment