Thursday, August 5, 2010

5 Hour Energy Orange Review



Cost: $2.49
Cost Per Ounce:$1.25
Active Ingredients:Caffeine, B-Vitamins, Taurine.....
Taste Rating:8.9
Kick Rating:9.5
Final Judgment Rating:9.5 (kick is worth it!)
Energy Drink Ratings Explained

5 Hour Orange Energy Drink Review:
So the last 5 Hour Energy Drink I reviewed was the new extra strength version. Now I have been a strong advocate of 5 Hour Energy for quite some time now (it is actually one of the few Energy Drinks that I will purchase on my own) which is why I can't believe that I never got around to reviewing the 5 Hour Orange flavor. It has actually been out for quiet some time. It has a very similar package to the 5-Hour Berry flavor, with the exception that is says Orange on the side and it is still in the convenient 2 ounce resealable shot container. So let's see if I like the taste of the new Orange 5 Hour as much as I liked the taste of the lemon lime one.

5 Hour Orange Energy Drink Review: Taste
Well the tagline that 5-Hour Energy Shot uses is probably one of the most memorable (at least in my opinion) - "Drink it in seconds, feel it in minutes, lasts for hours." The convenience of drinking it at room temperature or cold is also a favorite as is the portability factor. Anyways, does the orange flavor stack up as well as the previous flavors (berry, lemon lime)? Well in this reviewers opinion (pretty much the only one that matters!) the flavor was excellent. The mix seemed to be right on the mark. Gone is the old bitter taste that the very first 5 Hour Energy shots had. It is replaced by a very smooth and easy to drink non carbonated orange flavor. Sure, there is a slight aftertaste to it, but what do you expect from a shot that crams five hours of energy into 2 ounces? Anyways, the new flavor was well received by me. I still think the lemon lime flavor is my favorite, but I will also rotate the new orange flavor in once and awhile as well! Taste Rating - 8.9

5 Hour Orange Energy Drink Review: Kick
Before I even drank the orange 5-Hour Energy, I knew what to expect in the kick category. I mean, I have drank well over 100 of these by now, so.... But if you have not read the other reviews I guess I can sum it up for you. "Drink it in seconds, feel it in minutes, lasts for hours." Really, they are not lying. As I stated above, and in past reviews, 5 hour is one of the few drinks that I actually buy on my own (another one being Whey Up). The energy ingredients include caffeine(about as much as a cup of coffee), tons of b-vitamins, taurine and a bunch of other stuff (complete list of 5-Hour Energy Shot Ingredients). Kick Rating - 9.5

5 Hour Orange Energy Drink Review: Final Judgment
I love the fact that 5-Hour continues to expand their product line up and improve on the taste of their product. They have 3 flavors currently available (lemon lime, original berry, orange) as well as a low caffeine and extra strength version. Don't take my word for it, try one for yourself. You can find them almost everywhere but it seems the cheapest place to buy them is online in bulk. I think they even sell it in cases of 36 now! Final Judgment - 9.5

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good blog post. i want to thank you for interesting and helpful information and I like your point of viwe.Thank you!-I love to read this type of meterial Good and attractive information i take for it..thank you for posting such a Good artical.
    five hour energy reviews You can see that i have a website.

    ReplyDelete